Today Jackson gave his first talk in Primary. The topic was on our bodies being a temple. In preparation for his talk Jackson and I sat down and talked about temples and our bodies. After a few discussions through out the week we wrote his talk. I really enjoy that he knows what he wants to say and is able to communicate his thoughts. It was an easy process. He'd tell me what he wanted to have written and I typed away.
He was so ready for his talk. He amazes me with his confidence. He stood at the podium and showed the pictures at the appropriate times and repeated what I said. A few times he remembered what to say with out the prompts. It was really cool because Nana Hayes decided to come to church with us and she was able to watch him give his talk. It was a sweet moment watching him grow and show me that he is a boy... Not a toddler or even so much a little boy, but a boy that is able and confident to express himself and share his thoughts with a group of other kids and adults.
Below is his talk and the two pictures he used for it.
"My favorite temple is the Oakland temple. My mommy and daddy were married there. I love to see the temple and walk around and see the pretty flowers. The temple is so special because it is Jesus' home. IT is pretty and beautiful. It is peaceful and clean.
I want to have my body be like the Oakland temple. I want it pretty, beautiful, clean, peaceful, kind, and a place like Jesus' home. I like to play and eat yummy food and help my body be healthy.
I love the temple and I am going there some day. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."


No comments:
Post a Comment