Sunday, July 3, 2011

Walking!!!

Jillian took her first steps today at church.

I substituted for a friend today, teaching the 12 year olds Sunday School, and there was only one student present. So we had the lesson, which was pretty short, and then hung out. She and I talked about young womens and other things.

We went in to the hall and I kneeled down in front of Jillian and asked her to walk to me. She DID!!! She took 2 steps and then again 4 steps. Traci Magleby and Britta Norlund got to witness Jillian taking her first steps by herself. I was so excited I stuck my head in to Jake's class to tell him the terrific news.

After Sunday school I then tried to show Jake, but she only took one or two steps for him because all the kids were distracting.

Just a few minutes ago we shot two videos of Jillian taking her first steps. It is so exciting that I started to cry. (surprise surprise).

I must admit that she has been climbing everywhere. No joke. I have found her on the counter (she climbed up the step stood), on the first rung of our little giant ladder, couch, crossing from the couch to the man chair, and more. She has been on the go, but now we are in trouble ;)

PS I am NOT pregnant. I know the sun dress I am wearing is not flattering and I look 6 months pregnant, but it is HOT here and it's comfortable. I admit that I have not lost as much baby weight as I could have. But I am working on it again. I will start running again, getting ready for our half marathon and Ragnar Relay

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yay!!! Benjamin took his first steps to his dad as soon as Jeff got home from his big camping trip. But since we've been in the middle of a move, I haven't had a chance to take videos or pictures or anything. Poor kid has so much less documentation than his brothers did!