Before:
I know that both of these pictures are of the dogs but there used to be a big wooden gazebo and red brick patio where we are currently making a new patio. As you can see from the pictures there used to be ivy EVERYWHERE. There actually was a wooden retaining wall under all that ivy. We ripped the complete back yard out and up to create "our" yard. It has been years in the works and we are actually doing it.
After: (In Progress)
While Jake was on his vacation last year (after Jillian's birth) he put in the retaining wall. Yes, all by himself. He had help moving some of the bricks to the back yard, but truly he did it all by his lonesome. And let me tell you that those bricks are HEAVY! I tried to help but wasn't much.
Jake always amazes me wt his ability to create, fix, and repair things.
But with this project, since we are under a dead line (Jillian's 1st birthday party) I recruited the Thomas boys. Thanks Harley and Christian! I also had Payten come babysit one day so that I could fully help the guys. Thanks Payten!! Harley helped us dig up the dirt, or should I say clay :(
Then the following weekend (yesterday) both boys helped us move ALL the bricks to the back yard. SIX pallets worth. It was a lot of heavy moving. But I appreciate all the help we've been given. We don't have the pation finished but here are some in progress pictures. Just FYI the patio is 600 sq feet... yah that's a decent size for our neighborhood
| Looking out the back door |
| handyman himself |
| On top of the retaining wall looking down |
| The bricks! |
| The pile of dirt from the patio area |

1 comment:
That's going to look so nice!! I can't wait to see it! I wish we had a yard of our own to work on. It's totally not worth that kind of work on a rental. :(
Post a Comment