At church the children are given assignments to say the scripture, prayer, or give a talk in Primary. While the kids and I were away in Alaska Jackson was given this assignment. Jake told me about it yesterday so Jackson and I practiced a couple of times having him repeat the scripture. He did really well and seemed excited to say it front of the kids at church.
I will admit that I was nervous because I wasn't sure how Jackson would react to standing in front of the other kids and repeating the scripture. So, after sacrament I walked Jackson to the primary room and waited for it to start. When it was his turn to say the scripture he stood up behind the podium and let Sister Arnold help him with the scripture. He did not ask for me or have any type of fit. He seemed in his element. I was a bit shocked that he did not need me, but also happy that he is becoming his own person.
It was such a precious moment for me. I began to cry watching him recite the scripture. He is growing up so quickly and I feel as though it is too fast. I can hardly believe that he is 4 and a half and that he will start preschool in a couple of months. I am overwhelmed with the speed at which he has grown up. But at the same time he is growing up to become a wonderful little boy.


No comments:
Post a Comment