After we decided to stop the lessons we went over to the Gorrings to play in the pool instead of lessons. We showed Jackson that he can touch the bottom and keep his head out and we put arm floaties on. He would then play in my arms, but with resistance.
The following week I left for Girls camp. While I was gone Jackson, Jillian, and Jake went with my Mom, Mandy, McKenzie, and little Donnie (the three were visiting for 2 weeks) went to Angel's Camp. While there the kids frequently played in the pool. Nana Hayes had bought Jackson and Donnie these shark fin back floaty and both loved them. Jake told me that Jackson would swim around with it on. This was difficult to believe having seen his melt down just two weeks prior. Then Nana took all the kids to the Benicia pool where no floaties are allowed and I was again told that Jackson swam in the pool.
Then today we were invited to swim at the Gorrings by the Bonners. At first Jackson wore his Shark fin, but then decided that he was over it. Next thing I know he's jumping off the diving board with no pack and swimming confidently to the side and going down the water slide. I am grateful for peer pressure because Jackson saw his cousins and friend (Carson) swimming, enjoying the water, and having loads of fun with out a floaty.

No comments:
Post a Comment