Thursday, December 9, 2010

North Carolina Trip Part II

Friday was spent hanging out at home and playing outside. Christie's family has a play structure and their neighbors have a trampoline. My sister & her neighbor have an agreement that any of their children can play in the other's yard (you may notice NO fences). So, we (myself and the kids) spent tons of time on the tramp and the swing set. IT was LOADS of fun. I LOVE trampolines. If our yard was big enough we totally would have one. Ok, getting myself back on track... Friday was home day and we all enjoyed (and needed) it. 

Jackson & Aaron playing on the trampoline





Jackson & kara went down the slide together
Saturday was Renaissance Fair. Earlier in the week I saw a sign for the Ren fair that is held minutes (less than 5 miles away) away from their home. I got SUPER DUPER excited and begged Sis to go. We agreed on a "special arrangement" so that we could go. It was FUN FUN FUN! We saw jugglers, a jousting competition, the kids were knighted/Damed, rode rides (Martinson family rode an elephant), and saw the petting zoo. I had a wonderful time. Our favorite part (which I didn't see until later. It was video recorded by Drew) was watching Aaron and Jackson sword fight. I will have to have Drew send it to me because I can't get it off the DVD he made me to add. But once I do I will share it.








Sunday was church, the primary sacrament program, and family time. Monday I took Kara to dance practice. I was able to watch her whole practice, ballet and tap. It was very special that she invited me to take her and spend the time with just her. I love my nieces and nephews VERY much. They each are special to me. That have wonderful personalities and I truly cherish getting to be the "cool, crazy, & fun" auntie. THANK YOU Sis for making it possible for us to visit. It was the BEST gift I have gotten in a VERY long time. Thank you for putting up with us, feeding us, cleaning up after us, and everything else. We ALL really enjoyed ourselves. WE LOVE YOU CHRISTIE, DREW, ASHLEY, KARA, AARON, & NATHAN!!!

1 comment:

mom_martinson said...

WE LOVE YOU TOO!! See these pictures on your blog made me smile all over again! We so miss you!! Thanks for coming to visit. :)