We spent our weekend with family and fun. On Saturday we helped my parents out with their Hawaiian Shaved Ice (Tropical Ice) booth. They were working at a soccer tournament all weekend (Saturday - Monday) in Davis. It was pretty slow on Saturday. Jake and Jackson played at the park alot while I hung around the booth. We all ate LOTS of shaved ice... and it was so good. Jackson over did it with sweets and icies. But he had a wonderful time.
On Sunday we were supposed to go help but my parents thought they could handle the booth, after how slow it was on Saturday. Since we had subs for our church callings we went to Bodega Bay and went to the beach. We drove the scenic route, taking our time. I wanted salt water taffy really bad, so we stopped and picked up a variety bag. Each of us ate a good portion of our 1lb bag. Jackson was enjoying this wonderful candy :) Jackson had a great time exploring the beach with his daddy. I sat in the beach chair to keep it from flying away. Unfortunately it was SUPER DUPER windy. So we stayed for some time and then made our way home. Once home we watched 17 Again and enjoyed spending time with one another.
Monday, Jake went to work and Jackson and I went and helped Nana & Poppop Hayes with the booth again. After we closed up and packed everything away we went to the pool in Davis. It was a bit windy but Jackson enjoyed playing and swimming. It is such a joy to watch Jackson. After the pool we went to dinner in Vacaville with my parents, rode the train at Nut Tree and got some ice cream at Fenton's. It was a nice day, even though Jackson and I both have bad coughs.

No comments:
Post a Comment