Monday, May 3, 2010

Big Boy & The Potty

It's official in our home, Jackson is going the bathroom in the potty. Last Tuesday (April 27th) I decided that the Pull-ups were not working. Jackson kept calling them diapers, and treating them like one. I decided that I would put Jackson in his underwear that he picked out a few months ago. I put him in a t-shirt and underwear and every time I went to the bathroom he had to go with me and try (Remember I'm pregnant and I go FREQUENTLY). It didn't take long for Jackson to start going in the bathroom by himself and taking care of his potty business. For every time he goes in the potty he gets candy (fruit snacks or a piece of candy).
Tuesday went GREAT! We stayed home and he had NO accidents. Wednesday we did run a few errands and he had two accidents throughout the day, luckily they happened at home. Then on Thursday Nana & Poppop watched Jackson. He did an ok job, except that explosive poop he had (which he never made it to the potty for) :( But on Friday he continued the good progress he's been making. Saturday was his BIG day because he went poop in the potty. He likes to take care of his business in private. So, I stood outside the door after I realized he'd been in the bathroom for a few minutes already. I was thinking he was goofing off or something. But then he opened the door and shouted "look at my poopies". I was so impressed and VERY happy. I did the poopy dance (Yes, there's a pee pee dance too) and he went poop once more that day and continues to do his business in the toilet.
I have to admit that I was worried that he wouldn't be out of pull-ups/diapers by the time Jillian gets here. I would stress here and there that my son would forever be in diapers. But he is officially wearing regular underwear all day... and night. He has not wet the bed, yet. In the morning he gets up and goes right to the toilet and relieves himself. I am so PLEASED! I can hardly contain my joy and happiness for Jackson. He is officially a BIG BOY!

1 comment:

Jen said...

YAY!!! No need to have worried huh? When they are ready, they'll just do it. But it's hard as the mom to go through the in between time when they are ready but not interested or totally interested but not really ready. YAY Jackson! And yay for Mommy hanging in there! We're still working on night times with Jonathan. Bonus for you two for getting both at the same time!