Monday, January 25, 2010

The Happiest Place on Earth

The Background of the trip:

We got up at 4am- took showers, dressed, loaded the car, and on our way by 4:45am. I drove for a bout 1.5 hours and then became sick (pregnancy rocks). So Jake drove the rest of the way (I LOVE that man!). We were about 45 minutes to an hour away (and it had been raining non stop in the LA area. And I mean RAINING) and Jackson threw up. Not once but THREE times and the last one was projectile vomit. And I was sitting in front of him. ;) Due to my extremely sensitive nose I then became sick as we exited the freeway. We stopped at the first gas station and of course they had NO restroom. So Jackson stood in the rain (under and umbrella) while Jake cleaned up the car seat and I threw up. After all was cleaned up, Jackson changed, and I was finished losing my breakfast we continued on our way. Jackson had fallen asleep soon after we got back on the freeway. Once we arrived we parked in Downtown Disney so I could go pick up our package from the AAA office. When I returned Jackson was awake. He saw the envelope in my hand and the castle on it. He asked, "we Disneyland?" I replied, "what do you think?" He said yes and his face lit up so much when I told him we were at Disneyland for HIS birthday.

We made it to Disneyland and there was NO ONE there! why was that??? Because it was raining!!! In a few pictures from Friday (very few were taken due to the rain) you will see us in jackets/ponchos and my sweatshirt sleeve is drenched. It was wet and my feet (I wore tennis shoes not boots) were soaked and I was miserable near the end of Friday but it was so worth it! Jackson had gotten a button showing it was his birthday and every one told him "Happy Birthday" Goofy even called him and sang a birthday song. He felt so special all weekend long.

We got to the hotel and had cake and a few presents. Saturday was sunny and dry. There were a few more people but the lines weren't bad. Saturday morning was California Adventure and the rest of the day was spent at Disneyland (until closing at 11pm). We went to dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe with my parents (they were in the area for a convention). Saturday was GREAT!

Sunday we drove to visit Jake's parents for a few hours. They live in Palmdale/Lancaster area. Afterwards we drove home with no events.

Here are the pictures:

See the rain. Jackson had his yellow rain boots and new rain coat.
We are in Toon Town having a splashing time ;)
Hi Minnie & Goofy!
It's MICKEY!!! Jackson was thrilled to see him
Happy Birthday Jackson!
"Happy Birthday to you..."
SATURDAY
Toy Story Mania (we rode this twice)
It's a Bug's Life
We rode Pirates of the Caribbean 4 times, Buzz Lightyear 7 times, Tiki Room 2 times, and most of all the other rides 1-2 times

Thank you Auntie Christie & family! They sent Jackson 15 one dollar bills to spend on a present at Disneyland and this is what he bought. A light up sword.
ARG MATIE!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my freaking gosh!! You are due a few days after I am!!! You are the second one!!! This is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Kelly said...

What a neat Birthday, the picture of Jackson with Pinnochio is precious!